Join our growing team of cyber security experts.
BluVector is a technology company based in Arlington, Virginia. Led by Kris Lovejoy, we seek to change the world and make it safer. Our philosophy includes pride in our company, devotion to our people, and passion to be the best!
We are looking for experienced python developers with the following qualifications:
- 3 – 10 years of experience in developing scalable and high-performing web applications.
- Strong database skills with MongoDB, Redis, PostgreSQL, etc.
- 4 year college degree in computer science or engineering is preferred.
- DevOps and Continuous Delivery tools – Docker, Jenkins.
If you have a public GitHub profile, a blog or presentation materials please let us know!
- 3+ years building frameworks and automating complex workflows using Python.
- Object-oriented Python development experience within a LINUX environment
- Agile scrum experience
- Small, high-growth technology environments.
- Software as a Service
- Strong software engineering and architectural skills
- System administration, particularly AWS is a plus
General development, deployment, and operation of modern API-powered applications using continuous delivery and Git in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Write, test, create Python and C codebases from scratch (across multiple architectures and operating systems)
- Promote strict code testing and validation to ensure high-quality coding standards
- Working with other researchers and subject matter experts
- Develop and ship code that matters
- Must be able to independently design code and test major features, as well as work jointly with other team members to deliver complex changes
- Must be able to effectively collaborate in a fast paced environment with multiple teams in a large organization
- Extraordinary sense of ownership and passion for writing world-class software.
- Leading edge software engineering practices including good design documentation, source control, unit testing, peer code-reviews, object-oriented design/coding skills, etc.
- Strong background in C/C++/Python and other programming languages.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- At least 2-4 years experience (or more for Senior Developers) developing software in two or more of the following languages: C, C++ or Python
- 2+ years experience running services on Linux
- Passion for learning and taking on hard problems.
- Experience developing, testing, packaging software capabilities that are shipped.
- Experience designing and implementing highly scalable and performant code.
- Experience providing, receiving, and modifying code bases on code reviews