Join our growing team of cyber security experts.
BluVector is a technology company based in Arlington, Virginia. Led by Kris Lovejoy, we seek to change the world and make it safer. Our philosophy includes pride in our company, devotion to our people, and passion to be the best!
We are looking for experienced python developers with the following qualifications:
- 3 – 10 years of experience in developing scalable and high-performing web applications.
- Strong database skills with MongoDB, Redis, PostgreSQL, etc.
- 4 year college degree in computer science or engineering is preferred.
- DevOps and Continuous Delivery tools – Docker, Jenkins.
If you have a public GitHub profile, a blog or presentation materials please let us know!
- 3+ years building frameworks and automating complex workflows using Python.
- Object-oriented Python development experience within a LINUX environment
- Agile scrum experience
- Small, high-growth technology environments.
- Software as a Service
- Strong software engineering and architectural skills
- System administration, particularly AWS is a plus
General development, deployment, and operation of modern API-powered applications using continuous delivery and Git in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Write, test, create Python and C codebases from scratch (across multiple architectures and operating systems)
- Promote strict code testing and validation to ensure high-quality coding standards
- Working with other researchers and subject matter experts
- Develop and ship code that matters
- Must be able to independently design code and test major features, as well as work jointly with other team members to deliver complex changes
- Must be able to effectively collaborate in a fast paced environment with multiple teams in a large organization
- Extraordinary sense of ownership and passion for writing world-class software.
- Leading edge software engineering practices including good design documentation, source control, unit testing, peer code-reviews, object-oriented design/coding skills, etc.
- Strong background in C/C++/Python and other programming languages.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- At least 2-4 years experience (or more for Senior Developers) developing software in two or more of the following languages: C, C++ or Python
- 2+ years experience running services on Linux
- Passion for learning and taking on hard problems.
- Experience developing, testing, packaging software capabilities that are shipped.
- Experience designing and implementing highly scalable and performant code.
- Experience providing, receiving, and modifying code bases on code reviews
Product Integrations Manager
- Help to drive the product roadmap and product delivery to build complementary integrations in BluVector to the Cybersecurity echo system of strategic partners.
- Recruit, manage, monetize, and deliver value with targeted System Integrators, and Technology Alliances, and contribute to the integration program strategy, definition, construction and execution.
We’re looking for a smart, energetic product manager who can:
- Understand / document requirements for technical integrations,
- Collaborate cross functionally with internal BluVector teams & strategic partners,
- Drive product roadmap for integrations and certifications and
- Have a laser focus on ensuring our customers have a great experience.
The ideal candidate will love technology and have a unique business acumen. In this position, you will help drive growth by defining the integration & certifications product strategy, features and make sure it is tuned to the market, partner needs and to our customers.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Technology Integrations
- Join the landscape of cyber security Technology Alliance Programs of ‘strategic / preferred’ interoperable security, compliance, and risk management solutions / products. Contact and create relationships with the preferred partners leading to a formal technology partner agreement spanning product, marketing, sales collaboration.
- Manage the technical relationship with the partners on an ongoing basis. Act as liaison between the technology partner and the appropriate BV teams
- Manage the product lifecycle from strategic planning to product delivery, validate integration via TAP program. Work closely with development to ensure the successful release of integration as a part of the product.
- Balance business and user needs with technical constraints – discover the true requirements underlying integration requests, recommending alternative approaches, and lead and inspire engineering efforts to meet objectives.
- Commercialize Integration, manage product packaging and pricing, joint value proposition development, go-to-market campaigns, sales engagement, training. Work with Marketing to create appropriate joint go-to-market activities.
- Provide roadmap updates to sales, partners, strategic partners and customers.
- Work directly with customers to understand their integration problems and requirements.
- Technology Certifications/Testing (i.e. ICSA Labs, Common Criteria, etc.)
- Work with Sales and Marketing to identify technical certifications required to support the Sales opportunities
- Plan a ‘certification roadmap’ with BV technical teams, with prioritized certifications and target certification dates
- Build technology partnership with the certification vendor to facilitate certification testing.
- Work with Marketing to create necessary collateral after certification
- Manage certifications for future releases
- Minimum 3-4 years product management experience with successful products in the security, infrastructure, networking or a related software field.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Information Technology, Computer Science or related field required.
- Solid experience with security and networking
- Solid experience with the product development process especially with an iterative methodology such as Agile Scrum.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Self-starter with high levels of initiative, commitment and energy who can galvanize the team to follow.
- Experience with cyber security products from companies such as FireEye, Cylance, PaloAlto, Cisco, Splunk, BlueCoat, ForeScout, etc.
- Experience with new product introduction
- Ability to work on multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Up to 25% travel required based on business demand
IT Systems Administrator
- Create/Administer/Troubleshoot Active Directory Group Policies
- Support BluVector manufacturing and maintain customer inventories and ERP/CRM related information and workflows
- Experience with Windows Enterprise Systems
- Experience with OSX in Enterprises
- Experience with Virtualization
- Ability to apply technical skills and experience in managing selected Windows and Linux servers and numerous workstations supporting highly skilled engineers working with advanced programming languages and algorithms
- Provide planning, coordination, and implementation of server installations, upgrades, routine maintenance and vendor supplied patches in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed
- Serve as the primary contact for critical and high server based outages and communicates the status of the outage to infrastructure management
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures, installation qualifications, and documentation adhering to industry best practices
- Monitor and tune systems to achieve optimum performance levels; provide performance statistics and reports
- Define and perform server backups and recovery procedures; participate in development, testing, and implementation of business continuity and disaster recovery plans
- Prioritize and respond to issues as appropriate
- Provide timely response to escalations
- Coordinate and collaborate with other functional areas within IT to ensure reliability of IT infrastructure
- Strong customer service orientation, proven ability to pay attention to details and proven dependability
- Interact with immediate supervisor, team members, customers, and users on a daily basis.
- Participate in new installations, testing and special projects as needed.
- Works under only general direction and independently determines and develops approach to solutions
- Provide support to users and troubleshoots/resolves problems
To be considered for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or related degree and a minimum of 2 years of experience supporting Windows/Linux server environments or a Masters Degree and 0 years. An additional 4 years of applicable work experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
- Proficiency with Active Directory and Group Policy Management
- Proficiency with Windows Server Update Services
- Experience with User Account Management
- Experience with System Logging and Auditing
- Must be able to lift equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
- Ability to diagnose IT hardware failures and replace failed parts.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining server hardware and associated equipment
- Experience managing/supporting enterprise programs.
- Experience implementing vendor patches on enterprise Operating Systems and Applications.
- Experience reviewing/validating/remediating vulnerability scan results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in implementation of special project.
Other Preferred qualifications for this role include:
- Cross-platform experience (i.e., 3 or more: Windows, Linux, Solaris, UNIX, etc.)
- Creation and deployment of system images in an enterprise environment, use of PowerShell scripts
- Expert knowledge of various technologies including items such as: Windows Operating Systems 2003, 2008, 2008R2, and Virtual Technologies
- Experience with C&A process
- General knowledge of storage technologies such as storage area network or network-attached storage
- General knowledge of Docker containers
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience using Splunk
Certification in related OS (MS Windows, Red Hat Linux)