Join our growing team of cyber security experts.
BluVector is a technology company based in Arlington, Virginia. Led by Kris Lovejoy, we seek to change the world and make it safer. Our philosophy includes pride in our company, devotion to our people, and passion to be the best!
We are looking for experienced python developers with the following qualifications:
- 3 – 10 years of experience in developing scalable and high-performing web applications.
- Strong database skills with MongoDB, Redis, PostgreSQL, etc.
- 4 year college degree in computer science or engineering is preferred.
- DevOps and Continuous Delivery tools – Docker, Jenkins.
If you have a public GitHub profile, a blog or presentation materials please let us know!
- 3+ years building frameworks and automating complex workflows using Python.
- Object-oriented Python development experience within a LINUX environment
- Agile scrum experience
- Small, high-growth technology environments.
- Software as a Service
- Strong software engineering and architectural skills
- System administration, particularly AWS is a plus
General development, deployment, and operation of modern API-powered applications using continuous delivery and Git in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Write, test, create Python and C codebases from scratch (across multiple architectures and operating systems)
- Promote strict code testing and validation to ensure high-quality coding standards
- Working with other researchers and subject matter experts
- Develop and ship code that matters
- Must be able to independently design code and test major features, as well as work jointly with other team members to deliver complex changes
- Must be able to effectively collaborate in a fast paced environment with multiple teams in a large organization
- Extraordinary sense of ownership and passion for writing world-class software.
- Leading edge software engineering practices including good design documentation, source control, unit testing, peer code-reviews, object-oriented design/coding skills, etc.
- Strong background in C/C++/Python and other programming languages.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- At least 2-4 years experience (or more for Senior Developers) developing software in two or more of the following languages: C, C++ or Python
- 2+ years experience running services on Linux
- Passion for learning and taking on hard problems.
- Experience developing, testing, packaging software capabilities that are shipped.
- Experience designing and implementing highly scalable and performant code.
- Experience providing, receiving, and modifying code bases on code reviews
Web Application (UI) Developer
- 3-years Python development experience (experience with Django web application framework a plus)
- Experience with cross-browser development using HTML5, CSS3, JSON, and Bootstrap
- Experience implementing web API services based on protocols such as REST
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field or 3-years work experience in place of degree
OEM Sales Director
BluVector plans to leverage its patented Machine Learning technology as an OEM product to compliment existing services and solutions offered by non-competitive technologies.
Prior experience of building a go-to-market strategy, executing to a well-defined plan and providing accurate forecast and reporting to the VP of Global Sales and CEO is essential.
- Director level position reporting directly to VP of Global Sales
- Ground-up development of OEM program including interaction with product management, marketing, engineering and BluVector executives
- Build and maintain an in-depth knowledge of BluVector products and key market trends / competition
- Develop an OEM sales pipeline and drive opportunities to close
- Qualify opportunities and move them through the sales process to close leveraging extended team members and corporate resources
- Own overall partner post-contract engagement, including technical implementation and go-to-market programs required for sell-through success
Key to Candidate’s Success:
- 5+ years selling OEM software solutions, preferably within the network security / information security market
- Able to demonstrate consistent quota over-achievement
- In depth knowledge of security solutions, competitors and market landscape is required
- Highly organized with the ability to develop account strategies and plans, and manage pipeline to close business within monthly and quarterly objectives
- Functional technical understanding of our technology and integration capabilities
- Strong negotiation skills and success closing complex transactions
- Must have a passion for your work and an ability to apply that passion to both daily tasks and larger projects
- Collaborative and team-oriented attitude
- Requires the ability to work independently with substantial latitude for action and decision while maintaining focus on achieving optimal outcomes as part of a collaborative development effort